In the Life of Allie Muehe...

Thoughts and actions as of February 19th, 2006 mostly regarding my Peace Corps assignment to Uganda. I am leaving for Boston for my staging event (orientation) on March 2, 2006 and leave for Uganda on March 5, 2006.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Coaching Soccer Again!

Hey there!
I know I have a lot of things to write on this blog, but I wanted to mention about my latest endeavor that is taking up a lot of time. At the primary school I live and work with (Primary here consists of 7 years, so pretty much our primary, elementary and middle schools) I have started to help coach the boys soccer team. Well actually, girls aren't allowed to play, so I'm coaching the only team at the school. I started this past week and this whole week I have had about 50-60 boys come out, ages ranging from 10 to 16. The first two days we were all together then I split up the older and younger boys. Since we did not have school on Friday because it was a public holiday, and no school on Saturday, only about 30 boys were there, which was nice. What makes the abundance of players hard is that we have only one 'field' roughly the size of a soccer field that is just a big hill and very bumpy and only 2 soccer balls. Luckily I brought one from the states because yesterday some boys came to me with the school's old ball and they ripped it apart, so now we are down to one. Here in Uganda, they have one day where they 'rally' and they play a few games in one day then the best team goes onto the district level. That day I have a Peace Corps conference, of course. But I think we can win so I hope to be there for the game at the next level. I will let you know how it goes!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ALLY...that's awesome that you're coaching soccer. I've started playing again as well. I've missed it. Do you get to play at all or just coach? Sounds like things are going really well out there. Good luck with everything. Looking forward to your next blog. Miss ya.
- Best Bud

June 13, 2006 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home