In the Life of Allie Muehe...

Thoughts and actions as of February 19th, 2006 mostly regarding my Peace Corps assignment to Uganda. I am leaving for Boston for my staging event (orientation) on March 2, 2006 and leave for Uganda on March 5, 2006.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Runing out of internet time.... but MAIL!!!!

Ok, so I am running out of time here at the internet cafe and a few of the PCTs and I have to get back to Luweero tonight. Today we got to leave our training site and go to the capital for a 'Survival Kampala Tour.' Basically, we were shown what road the Peace Corps office is, where the major intersections are here, where some markets are, the post office, a few internet cafes, and a couple more modern and international restuarants ( I finally got to eat cheese and a hamburger!).

Anyways, I wanted to thank all of you who have have sent me letters! Since I can check my email every like month or two when I get to a large town and receiving letters is AWESOME, I wanted to request the super ancient snail mail system. My mom has sent some aerogrammes that are super cheap and get here pretty quick, like 2 weeks or so. Again, my address for the next month during training is:

Allison Muehe
C/O Peace Corps
PO Box 29348
Kampala, Uganda

Also, if you write to me I will DEFINATELY write to you back. Once I find out where my site will be and where I will be after training I will let you know what my address is because at your site you rent a PO Box at the nearest post office.

Ok, well I guess I will have to type things on my laptop and try to transfer things over later or work something out... til later!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey queen bee--
it's so good to be updated about your adventures on a regular basis. i'm so glad you're taking the time to really aborb everything and write about it for those of us whose less-than-exciting lives don't include feeding mini-monkeys peanuts. speaking of which, now that you're in your new environment you might be taking the monkey feedings for granted and i just wanted you to know that i know some people who would love to play with monkeys and feed them nuts...

i'm so proud of you buddy. keep making the most of your situation; i get the feeling that you're already making a difference just by being a good friend to your peace corps compatriots. let me know if you got my package (i didn't send it avion-- i will next time)and i'll be sure to write again soon. till then, miss you tons of oodles of bunches.

d-o-dubs

April 11, 2006 5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Allie!!!!

April 16, 2006 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home