In the Life of Allie Muehe...

Thoughts and actions as of February 19th, 2006 mostly regarding my Peace Corps assignment to Uganda. I am leaving for Boston for my staging event (orientation) on March 2, 2006 and leave for Uganda on March 5, 2006.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Past Month or So

So lately things have been crazy. Although I knew since about Halloween that my staging event was the first week in March ( I thought the 8th), it seemed so far away so I did not start to mentally or physically prepare for my Peace Corps assignment. From Halloween to New Years it was like, oh yea, no big deal, it's next year, blah blah blah. But then the holidays came and then I went to Maui for 10 days in the beginning of January. Once I came home from vacation it suddenly hit me, I have about a month and a half until I leave and I feel so unprepared! So I started making lists of things go do, people to contact, etc. including a tentative travel plan until March 8th. I knew I was working part time at the Canandaigua Watershed Council until February 3rd and leaving to go visit family for a week on the 4th. On the 2nd I spoke to an Ugandan representative at the Peace Corps and he told me that I was leaving on March 2nd instead of March 8th like I had thought. So, all my plans got thrown out the window and I had to make compromises with my time. So, after a great visit with my grandfather and Pat in North Carolina and my uncle Peter and fam in South Carolina, I came home on Feb. 11. I had planned on leaving on the morning of the 12th to start my east coast road trip beginning with NYC, but mother nature had different plans. So leaving on Monday, the 13th I went to NYC and then visited fam in Jersey, then to Baltimore, a stop in Philly, and drove home home last night to see some Canandaigua buddies. My road trip was SUPER fun, I love all my friends that I saw and I'm so glad I got to see them before I left, even though there were some buddies that I was not able to visit (I'm sorry )-: ) And now I'm home home to prepare for a week of packing and shopping before I visit Boston for the weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home