In the Life of Allie Muehe...

Thoughts and actions as of February 19th, 2006 mostly regarding my Peace Corps assignment to Uganda. I am leaving for Boston for my staging event (orientation) on March 2, 2006 and leave for Uganda on March 5, 2006.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Long time

I know it has been a long time since I have written a blog (woah, 2 months..sorry sorry) but I have actually had a busy end of the year. November and December consists of the last term of the school year and is one of the busiest times of the year because my CCT (my co-worker) and I have to attend many meetings, speech days (like open house), attended and facilitated workshops, and taught teachers getting their certificate while working...basically the usual. I have also tried to focus more on my masters thesis project because I only have a few months left and the my allowance of procrastination by the mugongo waazi (dried fish carcasses, the object of my project) workers has to be stopped.
BUT, the biggest news is that my parents came to visit Uganda. We first spent a week on the coast of Kenya and then came to Uganda. The resort in Kenya and the safari we went on in the nation park of Tsavo East were great-can't beat white sandy beaches and lions. When we traveled in Uganda things did not go so smooth, mostly due to transportation problems, and in general the living conditions were not up to standard. We saw many places and completed many activities-chimpanzee tracking, attending a music, dance and drama festival at my village primary school, going to the zoo in Entebbe, visiting Jinja and the Ssese Islands, touring Kampala a little bit and of course African craft shopping. I think the most beneficial part of my parents coming to visit is their ability to see and understand my life here better. It was wonderful to see my parents after a year apart and I am so grateful that they made the effort and sacrifice to come to Africa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home