In the Life of Allie Muehe...

Thoughts and actions as of February 19th, 2006 mostly regarding my Peace Corps assignment to Uganda. I am leaving for Boston for my staging event (orientation) on March 2, 2006 and leave for Uganda on March 5, 2006.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Congressional Deligation Lunch

Today I went to a Congressional Delegation lunch at a cafe near Masaka that is located on the equator. I had passed this place before but never actually got out and done the tourist thing and taken a picture. A couple other PCVs and I met with a few spouses of members of Congress and some of the Congressional Delegation committee (other people who work with and for congressmen). While at the cafe, we met local artists who display and sell African art at the cafe and to other vendors around East Africa. It was very nice, I met two spouses from New York and we talked about the finger lakes region for a long time. Here is a photo of Genia, another PCV and I at the equator. It's funny because she is from Mississippi and I'm from New York...I mean it's not the mason dixon line or anything, but still... The second photo is of a few of the committee members trying to cross the road, but I like this photo because it clearly shows where the equator is. Not as though I actually believe it's the exact line, but it's still a nice tribute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home