In the Life of Allie Muehe...

Thoughts and actions as of February 19th, 2006 mostly regarding my Peace Corps assignment to Uganda. I am leaving for Boston for my staging event (orientation) on March 2, 2006 and leave for Uganda on March 5, 2006.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Not much...

That's what's going on in my life right now...not much. I haven't written a blog entry in a while because nothing too spectacular has happened in a while. All the school kids are on break so none of the teachers want to work either, which means I don't conduct any workshops or anything. Also, the other half of my job which entails assisting teachers who are working while to get their teaching certificate, isn't functioning because they just took their first round of exams and get a break. However, one of my teachers just got me information for a grant that I may write which would get the school cows to breed as an income generating project. However, I asked him to get me the prices last November and now I think by the time it's reviewed (in July or August) it will be too late to finish by May 2008. Extending my service isn't in my grand scheme of things. However, I am also trying to complete my master's thesis for my master's of engineering and because of a funding, or lack thereof, issue with the environmental officer I'm working with, he's been successfully avoiding my calls and meetings for a month. So again, hopefully I will not have to extend but it's not out of the picture.

So what HAVE I been doing? Well... a lot of community integration work, aka hanging out with my neighbors and the teacher's kids. I have also been planting a vegetable garden and germinating seedlings. I have been visiting some of the PCVs who are leaving (a sad time...) while helping out my teachers in other ways, like fixing computers, bikes, tutoring, etc.

But OH, one new fun thing just happened today. A fellow Peace Corps Volunteer gave me one of the kittens that his cat had. So I'm going to try my luck again with this cat, hopefully she won't be stolen also. But now the problem is coming up with a name....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home