In the Life of Allie Muehe...

Thoughts and actions as of February 19th, 2006 mostly regarding my Peace Corps assignment to Uganda. I am leaving for Boston for my staging event (orientation) on March 2, 2006 and leave for Uganda on March 5, 2006.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Smell of Rain

Growing up, I had always thought the smell after a rain storm was gross because it smelled of worms. I have come into the city of Jinja where it just stopped raining and I immediately went back to 10 years old playing in my driveway after a rainstorm. Granted the cool breeze was amazing after spending 45 minutes in a ripe, stuffy, musty, body-odor filled matatu (15 passenger van stuffed with at least 20). I realize now the smell of fresh post-rain air is not of worms, well maybe a little, but more of fresh, wet, clear air with a mix of water and drenched soil. I love it- no matter where I am.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

November 11, 2008 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home