In the Life of Allie Muehe...

Thoughts and actions as of February 19th, 2006 mostly regarding my Peace Corps assignment to Uganda. I am leaving for Boston for my staging event (orientation) on March 2, 2006 and leave for Uganda on March 5, 2006.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Ugandan Music

As I'm sitting here in Jinja (BTW: my favorite city so far in Uganda), we are listening to the radio in the internet cafe. Like all radio stations here, yes there are many, they don't play music according to genre. Although some tend to stick to East African music (this awful type of music that resembles reggea, hip hop, techno, and rap all in one), they do play a lot of American music. However, the selection of this music is histerical to me and the other volunteers. As most Americans know, you listen to a certain station depending on what type of music you feel like listening to. Not here. The radio stations I have listened to play a wide variety of music from the states, ranging from Beyonce and Sean Paul to Micheal Bolton and Shania Twain. Other favorites are Usher, Micheal and Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, while also playing TONS of 80's soft rock, a bit of country (really odd...), and lots of Christian music. Needless to say, I only listen to the radio in my house while my IPod is charging. However, since it's a common theme to have music ridiculously loud I can here some music being played by my teachers/neighbors or the boys who live across the street (like 50 yards and a highway between). I'll try to keep a list of artists that I hear on the radio here because I think the mix is so funny.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want such sites to become as much as possible, and their number increased with every day!
- www.blogger.com 7
spaghetti alla carbonara

December 29, 2006 10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy facebook likes
facebook likes

http://mitchalbom.com/d/journalism/2546/going-so-fast-gone-too-soon http://www.socialenterpriselive.com/about-us
1000 facebook likes buy facebook likes buy facebook likes
Ok, so i got trojan horse the other day. And for some reason the AVG i used wouldn't work, so i tried to use other products but Trojan Horse would free them. So i Re-booted my computer with my CD (that means re-install my computer.. like when off the box) so does the trojan horse still have my credit cards? And if they do, do they use it to buy their own stuff?

buy facebook likes get facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]buy facebook likes [/url] get facebook likes

August 13, 2011 7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.

February 21, 2013 8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.

February 22, 2013 12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.

February 22, 2013 4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.

February 22, 2013 9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.

February 22, 2013 12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.

February 22, 2013 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home