In the Life of Allie Muehe...

Thoughts and actions as of February 19th, 2006 mostly regarding my Peace Corps assignment to Uganda. I am leaving for Boston for my staging event (orientation) on March 2, 2006 and leave for Uganda on March 5, 2006.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

MY MOM AND DAD ARE THE GREATEST

I just want to let everyone know this. I know that I give shout-outs to people who send me packages and letters and how much I appreciate them. But I never mention all of the letters and essentials that my parents send me (ok, granted it's mostly my mom...). They have sent me SOO many things that I have requested and many things that I haven't. I even make crazy requests like to cut out articles from the Daily Mess(anger) that they think I would like so that I can keep up with Canandaigua/Upstate NY news. My mom was the first one to send me aerogrammes when I was in training and it was SO nice to hear from someone back home. Aside from sending me things, they dutifully call me at least once a week so I can complain to someone about things I find ridiculous here and just share some of my experiences with someone who can relate to me, aka a non-Ugandan. Anyways, not to go on too much, I just wanted to write a short note on how great my parents are and how it's a shame that I never truly realized this until I moved to a 3rd world country across the world.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a nice post Allison- it made your mother's day and I was quite touched.

November 12, 2006 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home