In the Life of Allie Muehe...

Thoughts and actions as of February 19th, 2006 mostly regarding my Peace Corps assignment to Uganda. I am leaving for Boston for my staging event (orientation) on March 2, 2006 and leave for Uganda on March 5, 2006.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Again, thanks!

Well I just wanted to say thanks for the people who have sent me packages, like Joan, Mark again, Merinator, and the Sheavlys. It is still such a great surprise and enjoyment when I go to the Peace Corps office and they have a package for me. I don't really care about what's inside, (although, not going to lie, I LOVE the things in them) but just the fact that people are thinking of me in their daily lives when I'm don't think I'm anywhere in the realm of thought because I'm in Africa...well I just think that's awesome. And especially for the Sheavlys; ok, time for a little tidbit of info. I am a local yokle in Canandaigua and my family has been around the area for generations. Usually I roll my eyes at events or facts that come from being from a small town, but this is pretty cool. The Sheavlys were the best friends of my grandparents; their daughter and her husband are best friends with my parents and my brother and I are great friends with their grandsons. Anyways, it was just such a nice thing to get a note and food from them. Yes yes, being across the world and living in a third world country by yourself makes you a little more sentimental than usual towards things from your home... (-:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home