In the Life of Allie Muehe...

Thoughts and actions as of February 19th, 2006 mostly regarding my Peace Corps assignment to Uganda. I am leaving for Boston for my staging event (orientation) on March 2, 2006 and leave for Uganda on March 5, 2006.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Oh Ugandans...

The other night I was helping my Ugandan friend Winnie with some math homework, she was working on percentages and interests. I just wanted to share with you the definition that her teacher gave her for discount because it's SO Ugandan:
Discount: This is a reduction made to a customer who is buying a lot of things or a customer who often spends a lot of money.

We all know that this isn't the REAL definition of a discount, but that's what it is here...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait...then what is the real definition of discount?

October 25, 2006 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home