In the Life of Allie Muehe...

Thoughts and actions as of February 19th, 2006 mostly regarding my Peace Corps assignment to Uganda. I am leaving for Boston for my staging event (orientation) on March 2, 2006 and leave for Uganda on March 5, 2006.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Surely!?

Uganglish: Surely/Are you sure?-> American English: Really?/No way?!

So apparently my goat isn't pregnant, she was just well fed. She started to lose weight with me because I don't have the grass and feed that she is used to, I guess. Since I have never reared a goat I didn't think she was very small, I thought she was just early in her pregnancy. The past few days she has been crying like crazy. If you have never heard a goat cry it's like in between a child's voice and a sheep's 'baaa.' At first it's entertaining but after hours and hours of hearing it, you want to shoot yourself. Anyways, I was asking everyone around what could be wrong with her and I have been told that she seems to be in heat and that she is not actually pregnant. My counterpart is trying to find her a male goat to mate with so in roughly 6 months I will have a baby goat.

Also, cat update--Carrera is awesome! She is growing up quite well, even in spite of her being picky with food. I was told the other weekend when I was away that she caught a rat at my neighbors' house! She has become quite the hunter and loves to chase any kinds of insects, etc that are around the house. I would like to say that I don't have any, but living in a hot and humid area I can't help having a few cockroaches. To me, cockroaches are absolutely disgusting and insanitary, but I've heard that they are very numerous in the south and since they are almost impossible to exterminate that I shouldn't feel bad. And actually, I don't have that many, like I see one about once or twice a month, some volunteers see them daily in their homes and especially latrines. But Carrera showed interest in chasing one last night and although I was scared of it, she was all over it. Anyways...she is doing great, just fyi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home